Friday, November 11, 2005

reality

So Pastor Marshall made a good point in chapel on Wednesday...we always say after missions trip and stuff that its now "back to reality" (I'm guilty lol)..,
But shouldn't God be our reality? I mean, I know that getting away from all the distractions and being able to totally focus is somewhat different from the reality we come back to. But shouldn't the presence of God be our constant reality. Shouldn't worship as we have in Memphis be the norm back in Cincy. Maybe it's time for a change of mindset. Maybe instead we should say, it's time to change the reality of life to what it should be. What about the New Testament church? God was their reality, reconciliation was their reality, sharing life together was their reality. My passion is worship. I long to see passionate worshippers come together every week. So I mean everyone has to raise their hands and jump around. not in the least. there is a difference between just standing their and moving your lips or standing still in God's presence spending time connecting with Him. the atmosphere changes when people connect with God, not raise their hands. the God's presence will saturate any place (cincy or memphis) but only if we invite Him. So my prayer is that God would become our reality. There is no reason why not...

reality
n 1: all of your experiences that determine how things appear to you;
2: the state of being actual or real;
3: the state of the world as it really is rather than as you might want it to be;
4: the quality possessed by something that is real;
(www.dictionary.com)

ok so the last definition is one of those bad ones which uses part of the word in the definition lol but at the same time, in my context, I like it. What we have is real...God is real...His Kingdom is real....shouldn't it be our reality?

UPDATE:
my friend Rachel from work has been to Waterline 3 weeks in a row now...continue to pray for her. I'm believing for God's perfect timing to take place, and when that timing comes pray that I or whoever is there will be ready.

God never ceases to amaze me...

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Yes. Yes. Yes! Let His Kingdom Reality come.... to this CCS as it is in Heaven.

Good reflections Rochelle...good insight.