Thursday, November 17, 2005

Verse 4

(NIV)
4 These things I remember
as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go with the multitude,
leading the procession to the house of God,
with shouts of joy and thanksgiving
among the festive throng.

(The Message)
4These are the things I go over and over,
emptying out the pockets of my life.
I was always at the head of the worshiping crowd,
right out in front,
Leading them all,
eager to arrive and worship,
Shouting praises, singing thanksgiving--
celebrating, all of us, God's feast!

Once again I love the Message here, but I give you the NIV because I try not to only read liberal translations but I tend to read the same passage in different types....just me.

I tend to be a very involved person, and I love it. I love doing what I love...which is a lot of different things. I love to worship and tend not to care what others think of me (though that isn't always true). But, believe it or not, there are times when I'm not eager to worship...I don't feel like actually putting in the effort and concentration to truly connect with God, I keep it superficial. I'll "worship" but with no depth...sing, but not get lost in the presence of God. Sometimes it seems to take a focus I can't give. Sometimes the strong grow weak. David was a worshipper, he led the procession when the Ark of the Covenant was brought back to Jerusalem (2 Samuel 6) with DANCING and massive rejoicing...I can just imagine him writing this verse while thinking about that day...and here he is now, filled with discouragement & ashamed that he is no longer there. Desert times are hard. Man, can I relate.

but then comes verse 5...

*to be continued*

No comments: