Thursday, October 06, 2005

...helpless...

Excerpt from "You Know Where to Find Me" by Matthew West

I saw your sky fall down today
Suddenly turn from blue to grey
Till one by one the raindrops
Turned to tears upon your face
Wish there was something I could do
Wish I could ease the pain for you
But I’ve never felt so helpless
It’s like you’re drowning right in front of me
And I’m reaching out but you can’t see
There’s something holding on to you so tight...

This is exactly how I'm feeling...helpless...yeah I know "all you can do sometimes is just be there to love on them and pray for them" and yes I know it's pretty true but still...I feel so....helpless...this song verse came on while I was driving home and tears began rolling down my face...because at this moment in time, the "I" in that verse is me and the "you" is so many of the people around me...and I feel helpless...

No comments: